While Gandhiji and the Congress agitated against charging of excise duty on salt and one percent sales tax on certain commodities by the Britishers, look at the fate of our country. One cannot point out a single commodity which has not suffered excise duty, customs duty or sales tax, that also from 10% to 300%. All this collection is said to be for the progress of our people and country!
Our politicians come with sermons to realise this objective and on the other side currupt practices lead to misuse of the exchequer.
As the first citizen of our country, it is the duty of our President to show in practice to the people as to how to exchew luxury and misuse of our country's wealth.
Though we sent a registered letter to him requesting him to desist from his Puttaparthi program, the abode of the Satya Sai Baba, the impersonator of god calling himself as the avatar of all gods together, he went! Puttaparthi and Satya Sai Baba was more than a priority to him while our country is wailing.
But his office issued a press statement that his visit to Puttaparthi was purely a personal visit. If this is true we would like to get his explanations for the following questions :
1. While there was accute shortage for petroleum, who paid for the special air craft of the defence department for his trip to Puttaparthi?
2. When our country is in a turmoil and when hundreds of innocent citizens of our country are murdered daily in every part of our country in the name of religion or politics, instead of helping the people to live in peace and harmony who directed the defence force to Puttaparthi to protect the self procalimed God, Satya Sai Baba?
3. When complaints of Satya Sai Baba for smuggling Indian weapons to Uganda and other countries are pending with the government and when there are complaints filed against him for economic offences and for contravention of many Indian Laws including criminal law and MURDER, did he keep up his dignity of office as President of India by visiting Puttaparthi?
4. When people visiting Satya Sai Baba including the sister of Late Shah of Iran were caught for smuggling gold and narcotics how the government allowed planes from Singapore to land at Puttaparthi?
5. While Satya Sai Organisations in other countries had collected a lump sum in foreign currency from the foreign tourists who come to India to visit Puttaparthi which is supposed to be more than ten thousand for the 65th birthday celebration, how much did our country gain through this as foreign exchange?
6. Who paid for the defence personnels who were deputed to Puttaparthi, the hundreds of defence aircrafts used there and thousands of government vehicles found there?
The University of Regensburg neither approves nor disapproves of the opinions expressed here. They are solely the responsibility of the person named below.Gerald_Huber@r.maus.de
Last update: 22 July 1998