Since claims will vary greatly in character and scope, specific rules must be formulated for each claimant. All claimants must agree to the rules set forth here before any formal agreement is entered into. A claimant will declare agreement by signing this form where indicated before a solicitor, commissioner for oaths, or notary public and returning the form to me. The eventual test procedure must be agreed upon by both parties before any testing procedures take place. l shall not act as a judge. Nor shall l design the protocol independently of the claimant. -All claimants must identify themselves properly before any discussions take place. Owing to the large amount of correspondence exchanged on this subject, all correspondence must include a stamped, self addressed envelope.
l B. Premanand will pay the sum of Rs. l00,000/- (Rs. One hundred thousand only) in Indian current to any person or persons who will demonstrate any psychic, supernatural of paranormal ability of any kind under satisfactory observing conditions. Such demonstration must take place under the following rules and limitations:
l. The claimant must state clearly in advance. and the claimant and B. Premanand will agree upon what powers or abilities will be demonstrated. the limits of the proposed demonstration (as far as time, location and other variables are concerned) and what will constitute both a positive and a negative result.
2. Only an actual performance of the stated nature and scope within the agreed limits is acceptable.
3.. The claimant agrees that all data of any kind (photographic, recorded written or other) gathered as a result of the testing may be used freely by me in any way I choose.
4. Tests will be designed in such a way that no judging procedure is required. Results will be self-evident to any observer, in accordance with the rules which will be agreed upon by all parties in advance of any formal testing procedure taking place. No part of the testing procedure may be changed in any way without the expressed agreement of all parties concerned.
5. I may ask the claimant to perform informally before an appointed representative, if distance and time dictate that need. for purposes of determining whether the claimant is likely to perform as promised
6. l will not pay for expenses incurred by the claimant such as transportation, accommodation. or other costs.
7. When entering into this challenge, the claimant surrenders any and all rights to legal action against me, as far as this may be done by established statutes. This applies to injury, accident or any other damage of a physical or emotional nature and/or financial or professional loss of any kind.
8. Prior to the commencement of the formal testing procedure, 1 will give my draft for the full reward amount into the keeping of an independent person chosen by the claimant. in the event that the claimant is successful under the agreed terms and conditions, that draft for Rs. 1,00,000- shall be immediately surrendered to the claimant by the person holding that draft, in full settlement.
9. Copies of this document are available free of charge to any person who requests it and sends the required stamped, self addressed envelope to me.
10. This offer is made bye personally, and not on behalf of any other person, agency or organization, though others may become involved in the examination of claims, and others may add their reward money to mine in certain cases.
11. This offer is open to any and all persons, in any part of the world regardless of sex, race, educational background or other-factors, and will continue in effect until the prize is awarded, or until my death. My legal will states that. upon my death, the bard amount will be held in escrow and in charge of the Indian Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal, 1/7 Chettipalayam Road, Podanur 641 023 (Tamil Nadu) India which is then empowered to continue the offer for a period of ten years after my demise, after which the reward amount can be used by them according to the objects of the Committee.
12. THE CLAIMANT MUST AGREE UPON WHAT WILL CONSTITUTE A CONCLUSION THAT HE OR SHE DOES NOT POSSESS THE CLAIMED ABILITY OR POWER.. This rule must be accepted by the claimant without reservation
13. The claimant should demonstrate his powers at the place, date and time fixed
The claimant, by signing, notarizing and returning this form, signifies agreement with the above rulesINDIAN SKEPTIC
For a list of possible paranormal phenomena to demonstrate see the original challenge by Dr. Kovoor.
The University of Regensburg neither approves nor disapproves of the opinions expressed here. They are solely the responsibility of the person named below.Gerald_Huber@r.maus.de
Last update: 29 August 1998